A Lady orders Lunch-(一位女士点午餐的菜)
A:Can I help you, ma'ma?
夫人,我能为您效劳吗?
chicken
B:Yes, what's that over there on the other side of the mashed potatoes?
嗯,在土豆那一边的是什么菜?
A:That's chicken a la king.
那是青椒蘑菇奶油鸡。
B:I'm tempted. but I'd better not.
我很想吃这菜,但是我最好还是别吃。
A:Maybe you'd like the macaroni and cheese.
也许你想要通心粉和乳酪。
B:No, that's too rich. Just let me have a tossed salad, dark toast, and tea.
不,那太油腻了。就给我来点儿生拌色拉、烤得焦点的土司和茶。
A:Do you want Roquefort, or French, or thousand Island dressing?
你要罗克弗特牌,法式还是千岛牌调料?
B:French dressing, please.
请给我法式调料。
A:That'll be two eighty-five altogether.
总共两元八角五分。
名词〈非正式〉胆小鬼;【动】鸡;【食】鸡肉;涉世未深的年轻人形容词〈非正式〉胆怯的网络小鸡;雏鸡;鸡肉类