在医院
A:What’s wrong with you? You look pale.
你有什么不舒服吗?你看起来很苍白。
B:I’m not sure, I feel hot and cold.
我不确定,我感觉一阵冷一阵热。
A:When did the trouble start?
什么时候开始不舒服的?
B:I was sick most of the night.
我大半夜都难受。
A:It sounds like you are coming down with the flu. Let me take your temperature.
听起来你好像得了流行感冒。让我量量你的体温。
B:Have I got a high fever?
我发烧吗?
A:Yes, thirty-eight point seven. Do you have a headache, chest or throat pain?
是的。38.7 度。你头痛吗? 胸和嗓子痛吗?
B:Yes, I have.
是的,痛。
A:Now, let me have a look at you. I’d like to listen to your chest. Now breathe in, a deep breath, that’s it. Cough, now again. I want to examine your throut, too. Open wide, say “ah--”.
来,让我瞧瞧你。 想听听你的胸部,现在往里吸气,深深地吸一口气,对了。咳嗽一下,再咳一次。我还想再查查你的喉咙,把嘴张开,说“啊——”
B:Aaaaahh, aaaaahh.
啊——啊——啊——啊。
A:Yes, it does look a bit sore. Let’s take an X-ray of your chest and give you a few tests.
是的,确实有些炎症。好吧,我们来透视一下你的肺,再做些化验。
B:All right, thanks.
好,谢谢。
A:The tests showed nothing wrong. A slight viral infection.
化验结果没有问题,有点轻度病毒感染。
B:What shall I do today?
那我该怎么办?
A:I’m giving you some antibiotics and aspirins. Take an aspirin when you’ve got a fever, and take one antibiotics capsule every four hours, and go home and rest in bed for two days. Drink plenty of water, then you’ll feel better. Here’s the prescription.
我给你开一些抗生素和阿司匹林。发烧时吃一片阿司匹林,每四个小时吃一粒抗生素胶囊。回家卧床休息两天。多喝开水,就会好的。这是处方。
bed
B:Thank you, doctor. Good-bye.
谢谢你,大夫。再见。
1. go to bed : 上床, 睡觉;
2. put to bed with a shovel : 把...埋葬;
3. lie on a bed of thorns : 如坐针毡;
4. make the bed : 铺床;
5. bed down : 安排(人/动物)舒服地睡觉, 使自己舒服地睡觉;
6. put to bed : 安顿...去睡;
7. bed of roses : 称心如意的境遇(安乐窝);
8. take to one's bed : 上床;
9. get out of bed on the wrong side : 心绪不好;
10. go to bed in one's boots : 酩酊大醉;