相貌
A:Do you think appearances are important?
你认为相貌重要吗?
B:If you’re superficial, appearances can be important.
如果你比较肤浅,相貌就会很重要。
A:Don’t you think everyone is a bit superficial?
你不认为每个人都有点肤浅吗?
B:I guess maybe a little. But in the end, it’s someone’s personality that’s important. Why do you ask?
我想大概都有一点儿。但是最终还是一个人的性格重要。你为什么问这个?
A:I have a job interview tomorrow. I’m worried that someone more attractive than me will get the job.
我明天有一个工作面试。我担心长得比我有吸引力的人会得到这个工作。
B:You can’t be serious.
你不会是认真的吧。
A:I’ve read many articles about how attractive people get higher salaries than ugly people.
我读过许多关于长得好看的人比长得不好看的人如何如何得到更高的薪水的文章。
B:You can’t believe everything you read.
你不能相信你所读到得所有内容。
true的翻译
A:I know, but I think it’s accurate to say that people like attractive people.
我明白。但我认为,确切地说,人们的确喜欢有魅力的人。
true
B:I guess that may be true sometimes, but I know that’s not always the case.
我想有时的确是这样的。但就我所知,事实也并不总是如此。
A:Why’s that?
为什么?
B:Well, I’m not particularly handsome, and I’ve got a great job!
这个…我就并不特别英俊,而我却有一份好工作。
形容词符合事实的;确实的;如实的;真正的(而非表面上的)副词笔直地;不偏不斜地;直言相告;实话实说动词配准;校准;整形网络为真;真实的;真的