在医院
A:What seems to be the trouble, Mr. Brown?
布朗先生,哪儿不舒服?
B:I’m in pretty bad shape, Dr. Ford.
我的情况很糟,福特大夫。
A:Oh, in what way?
噢,有什么症状?
B:No appetite, always on edge, and I can’t sleep well.
没有胃口,总是很紧张,觉也睡不好。
A:Did you lose any weight?
体重下降了没有?
B:Yes, I have lost quite a few pounds since last month.
降了。上个月以来,我已经轻了好几磅。
u0039u0031u0031u67E5u8BE2u00B7u82F1u8BEDu5355u8BCD
A:When was the last time you had a check-up?
上次体检是什么时候?
B:About two month ago.
大约两个月以前。
A:Let me take your blood pressure. You look anemic.Well, Mr. Broun, I’m happy to say it’s nothing serious. You’re just a little run-down from overwork.
我给你量一量血压。你好像贫血。好了,布朗先生,没有什么大问题。你就是工作太劳累了。
B:What am I supposed to do?
那我该怎么办呢?
A:I think all you need is just a vacation. Try to get outdoors more and be sure to get more rest.
我看你只要休一次假就行了。多到户外活动,一定要多休息。
B:Thank you, doctor. I’ll do as you say.
谢谢你,大夫。我会照你说的去做的。
1. bad blood : 恶感;
2. make sb.'s blood boil : 使某人愤怒;
3. new blood : 家庭、社会等的新成员, 新生力量;
4. in cold blood : 残忍地;