在邮局
A:Would you please weigh this letter to see what the postage is?
麻烦您称一下这封信,看看需要多少邮资,好吗?
B:Do you want to send it by ordinary or registered mail?
您是要寄普通信还是挂号信?
A:By ordinary air mail, please.
请给我寄普通航空信。
B:Anything of value in it?
里面有什么值钱的东西吗?
A:A postal order for four hundred dollars.
一张400 美元的邮政汇票。
B:In that case, you’d better have it registered.
既然那样,您最好寄挂号信。
A:Will I be informed when my friend gets the letter?
当我朋友收到这封信后,我会被通知吗?
B:Yes, when your friend gets it, he’ll sign a receipt, which will be sent to you by mail. Then you can be sure it’s been received.
是的,当您的朋友收到信后,他将签一张收据,这张收据会寄给您,您就可以确定他收到了。
A:All right, I’ll have it registered, then.
好,那我就寄挂号信。
形容词exceptionalunusualextraordinaryspecialuncommonsuperb
1. out of the ordinary : 不平常的, 非凡的;
2. in ordinary : 常任的, 闲搁着的;