在家
A:Did you lock the doors?
你把门都锁上了吗?
B:All except the back door. I left that open for Tim. He took the dog for a walk.
除了后门都锁上了。我给蒂姆留着后门,他带着狗散步去了。
A:Well, I’m going on to bed. I’m beat.
嗯,我睡觉去了。我累极了。
B:Okay. I’m going to stay up a while. I’ve got to go over the household budget. We’re a little overspent this month.
好吧。我再呆会儿。我得把家里的账算一算,这个月我们超支了一点。
A:Please tell Tim to close the door to the basement. I don’t want the dog down there tonight.
让蒂姆关上贮藏室的门,我不想让狗今晚跑到那儿去。
B:Okay. Good night. See you at breakfast.
好吧。晚安。明天吃早饭时见。
名词狗; 蹩脚货; 丑女人; 卑鄙小人
动词困扰; 跟踪
dog
1. dog it : 打扮起来摆阔, 偷懒, 躲开;
2. lead a dog's life : 过穷困潦倒的日子;
3. treat sb. like a dog : 不把某人当人看;
4. help a lame dog over a stile : 助人度过难关;
5. not have a dog's chance : 一点机会也没有;
6. die a dog's death : 悲惨地死去, 可耻地死去;